Saturday 6 September 2008

First Day of the Hellenic College

Today, Saturday 6th September 2008, it was the first day back to our College. It was very nice to see so many old and new faces, of pupils, parents and teachers. It seems like all of us had actually missed the College during the summer period. I think everyone is really happy to be back. And as we are so happy let's have two nice poems, one in English and one in Greek, about this first day back at School / College.


The First Day of School

I wonder if my drawing will be as good as theirs
I wonder if they'll like me, or just be full of stares
I wonder if my teacher will look like mom or gram
And I wonder if my puppy will wonder where I am.
.
.....Aileen Fisher
.


Πρώτη μέρα στό σχολειό

«Τόση βιάση καὶ σπουδή;
Γιὰ ποῦ πᾶς, καλὸ παιδί;
Κίνησες νωρὶς-νωρὶς
καὶ τρεχάτος προχωρεῖς;

Στάσου δὰ νὰ διασκεδάσεις
μὲ τὶς ὀμορφιὲς τῆς Πλάσης!
Κόψε ἀπ᾿ τὰ περβόλια πάλι
τοῦ χινόπωρου τὰ κάλλη!»

«Νὰ σταθῶ; Δὲν εὐκαιρῶ,
γιατὶ πάω στὸ φτερό.
Καὶ ποῦ πάω, νὰ στὸ πῶ;
Στὸ σχολειό μου π᾿ ἀγαπῶ!

Ἄνοιξε γιὰ πρώτη μέρα.
Βλέπεις τὰ παιδιὰ ἐκεῖ πέρα;
Ἔχουν μόνα τους ταιριάξει
χωριστὰ κάθε μιὰ τάξη».

«Εἶσαι, βλέπω, μαθητής.
Μὰ στὸν ὦμο τὶ κρατεῖς,
ποὺ μὲ τὴ ματιὰ τὴν πρώτη
σ᾿ ἔκαμα γιὰ στρατιώτη;»

«Εἶναι τ᾿ ἄρματά μου αὐτά,
τ᾿ ἀκριβά τ᾿ ἀγαπητά:
Τὸ κοντύλι μου κι ἡ πλάκα,
τὸ βιβλίο μου στὴ σάκα.

Κι ἔλα πιὰ νὰ σὲ χαρῶ,
μὲ ρωτᾶς κι ἀργοπορῶ...
Εἶναι ἡ ὥρα περασμένη,
ἄκου, ὁ κώδωνας σημαίνει.

Τέλλος Ἄγρας

No comments: